March 1, 2013

Body Cleansing Juice Feast - Day 6

I decided to feature kale in this post. I use Kale mainly to make Raw Kale Chips; it takes a lot of kale to make a cup of juice so I've been avoiding juicing it.

This leafy green has been getting much attention lately. The health benefits of kale is so great, that it's worth talking about. The absorbable calcium and potassium contents in kale, benefits the heart, skin, muscles, kidneys and nerves, and the Vitamin A is beneficial for our eyes, hair, skin and teeth. Kale is high in iron, Vitamin K and C. It's full of antioxidants, and has great anti-inflammatory properties. With all the vitamin and mineral contents, kale strengthens our immune system, it helps our bodies' detox, and boosts weight loss.


Yesterday went well. During the day I had a few of the regular juices, but I was really craving something I never had. It was Farmer's Market night, and a lady was selling fresh, organic, raw juices. I chose to try the kale, parsley and lemon combination. I loved it; it was very refreshing from the parsley, with very deep flavors from the kale, with a hint of lemon. I will try to juice these ingredients in the near future.



Juice 1

Carrot Juice

Click here to see the recipe in a previous post.


Juice 2

24 ounces of freshly squeezed orange juice.


Juice 3

1 bunch of chard
1 cucumber
1 very small clove of garlic
1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar

Juice ingredients. Add apple cider vinegar to your glass, stir and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment