February 27, 2013

Body Cleanser Juice Feast Day 4

Today I added fennel to my juicing. It is an herb that is meant to be smelled and savored before swallowing. The aroma and juice of fennel has a calming effect on our brains; we could say that it's nature's anti-anxiety medicine.

According to Dr. Heinerman, in his book "Encyclopedia of Healing Juices", fennel juice triggers endorphin production, which has an opium effect, leaving one in a state of euphoria. The aroma and juice of fennel is recommended for those who suffer mental attacks of fear and suspicion. To get the most benefit of this herb, juice freshly picked leaves and flowers.

This day was easier than the previous ones. I am not as hungry and for this reason, I need to force myself to remember to juice. Drinking enough juice will ensure that I not only get enough nutrients, but most importantly, I produce enough milk. Today I've been nursing more frequently on demand. That seems to keep my girl calm and sleeping. Here is the list of juices for today.


Juice 1

Go Green Juice

4 oz. Spinach
4 oz. Dandelion greens
3 celery stalks
1 cucumber

Juice ingredients with your juicer. Makes 24 ounces.

Juice 2

24 ounces of freshly squeezed orange juice.

Juice 3

3 celery stalks
2 cucumbers
1 red bell pepper
1 small clove of garlic
1/4 of small onion

Juice all ingredients in your juicer. This recipe is also great as a soup; just add to your Vita Mix with an avocado and salt, then add some cilantro to it.

Juice 4

Juice 1 bulb of fennel with stalks and leaves. Makes about 10 ounces of juice. Drink it slowly while enjoying the aroma.

Juice 5

Lettuce/Apple Juice

1 head of Romaine Lettuce
3 Apples.

Juice ingredients; yields 24 ounces of juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment