March 6, 2013

Body Cleansing Juice Feast Day 10

Summary of my ten-day juice fast


Raw World Order
Mama and
Sophia Annabelle
There is conflicting information whether a juice fast is healthy for a baby or not. This was my biggest concern before starting and I'm convinced that other nursing mamas feel the same way.Some say, when the body releases stored toxins, they transport into the milk making it unpalatable and unhealthy for the baby. Others say, they had milk more abundantly and their babies thrived more than ever. I can only speak from my experience.

The first few days of my fast was difficult with general signs of detoxification, such as a headache, exhaustion, along with a decline in my milk supply. For this reason, Sophia Annabelle slept only a couple of hours at a time and required fewer diaper changes; however, she did not show any signs of unpleasantness in the milk. My baby girl was happy and was fed on demand. Because of more frequent feedings, I felt more tired than ever. On the second day, I increased my water intake, which made a difference. The following day my body adjusted; my milk supply increased and stabilized. Her sleep patterns returned to normal, as well as her bowel movements.



James and
Sophia Annabelle

On this final day, my energy level is higher than before I started my juice fast, which I find remarkable since I am taking care of a five-month old and a three-year old. I require less sleep, and my mind is more clear. In general, I've been blessed with a clear complexion, however after a body detoxification, my skin has a noticeable glow.

Weight loss


A pleasant benefit that follows a juice fast is weight loss. During these ten days, I've lost 10 lbs and a total of 10.25 inches from my right arm, bust, waist, stomach, hip, right thigh, and right calf.


Spring Cleaning


Throughout a year, our homes accumulate dust in places that we may not see. For this reason, twice a year, we give our house a very thorough cleaning inside and out. We clean cracks and corners that are difficult and too time consuming to reach on a weekly basis. The human body responds likewise; it stores toxins from our environment, medications we take, daily stress and foods we eat. These toxins slow us down, causing exhaustion and at times even depression. Some of us react with skin conditions, body odor, constant muscle tension, cellular inflammation, weight gain or inability to lose weight, headaches, insomnia, mental fog, constipation, or more stress.

A juice fast, similarly to a deep spring cleaning of our home, does the same thing to our bodies; it helps our bodies rid itself from these problem-causing toxins, reversing many signs of a toxic state. During and after a fast, our digestive system regulates, muscles get less tense, insomnia and headaches diminish, we lose weight, the mind clears, complexion clears, body odor disappears, we stop craving sugars and unhealthy fats, and we regain a sense of inner peace.

How many days to fast?


The easiest and best thing we can do for ourselves is to fast at least twice a year. It doesn't have to be ten days, especially if one has never tried fasting. Start with one day, and build up to ten days. It takes about three days to detox from basic toxins such as caffeine. Therefore, if your health permits, I recommend a five day fast if ten days is too extreme for one's lifestyle. I benefited the most out of a longer fast, with more noticeable results. Again, please assure that increasing the number of fasting days is done gradually.

After the fast


We can maintain our clean bodies with a one day weekly fast. This will assure there is less toxic accumulation, and our future detoxification process may not be as difficult.

After a juice fast, it is imperative that we make very careful choices of what we eat. Start with smoothies and soups, slowly adding solid fruits and veggies to our meals. My first day consists of a smoothie, a soup, apples, and a big bowl of salad with tomatoes, avocados and a light dressing.

If you eat partially raw, or considering trying this lifestyle after the fast, it is best to eat raw and vegan for the next couple of weeks, then gradually adding dairy, grains and meets back in to your diet. This will assure that the weight lost, stays lost.

Regular juicing makes a tremendous difference on our health, we simply cannot afford not doing it. We need to make time to nourish our bodies with all the colorful fruits and veggies we've been given, and with this regular routine, we'll make a difference in our loved ones' lives by being a great example and a picture of health.

My final day of juicing


Juice 1

Carrot juice

Click here for the recipe in a previous post.




Juice 2

2 cucumbers
4 ounces of watercress

Juice ingredients in juicer. Makes 12 ounces.



Juice 3

5 celery stalks
2 cucumbers
1 red bell pepper
1 small clove of garlic
1/4 of a small onion
1/2 a lemon peeled

Juice ingredients in juicer. Makes 24 to 36 ounces.


Juice 4

1 cucumber
1/2 bunch of spinach
1 very small clove of garlic
1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment