February 14, 2013

"Super Food" Ruby Juice


We live in an area that is not exactly flooded with restaurants serving raw juices and meals. Although in the last few years, it seems to have become more popular; more people are aware of the health benefits of raw living foods, therefore the demand for it has grown all over the country.

The first time I heard about this juice combination, I wasn't so sure if I would like the flavors. It was difficult for me to imagine the sweetness of carrots mixed with the saltiness of celery, and earthiness of beets, although the most addictive snacks possess these qualities. This particular restaurant we were visiting only had two kinds of raw juice and this was one of them. It sounded healthy, but not that appealing. Once I tried it, I fell in love with it. The refreshing taste of celery blends very well with the sweet carrots and earthy beets.

Beetroot juice is considered a “super food”. It is rich in minerals, vitamins, and amino acids. Its high antioxidant properties are great to fight aging and repairing DNA damage. It lowers blood pressure and it’s beneficial for people who suffer from anemia. It boosts metabolism and the immune system. Try this recipe and leave me a feedback, tell me what you think.

“Super Food” Ruby Juice

2 ½ lbs. organic carrots
1 whole bunch of organic celery
1 large beet root

Juice in your juicer and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU VERY MUCH RAW WORLD ORDER IT IS A VERY GOOD JUICE I LOVE THE COLOR AND I LOVE,LOVE THE TASTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear it, it's one of my favorite juices.

    ReplyDelete